Friday, December 26, 2014

Wildly Interesting Tea

11-20-2014, 3.5" x 5.5" Moleskine sketchpad
It was very cold during the storm, which lasted 5 days, and I drank a lot of tea.

How fascinating is that?

Well, your lack of interest probably doesn't equal mine at the time. Witness the fact that I decided to try to capture the dreaded ellipses, my nemeses, to varying degrees of success. It certainly absorbed my attention for a time, which was the point, of course.

I'm certainly glad I had my eraser at hand. There's room for improvement, let's say.

Ah, the distractions we resort to when housebound.

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at your comment regarding interest because I find tea and coffee cups endlessly fascinating-for the ellipses and what they hold-delicious beverages! People think I'm strange. Oh well.
    You are the artist that was making a book of animals for your grand daughter aren't you? If you are you, I wanted to thank you for that-it inspired me to think about themes for smaller sketchbooks too-I live on a hobby farm in Wisconsin and I'd like to depict my ordinary everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Linda, I made the animal sketches for my granddaughter. I'm glad they inspired you! Very nice to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete