Monday, December 29, 2014

Icy Tree

Icy Tree, Moleskine 3.5" x 5.5" 
Another quick little landscape drawn from a screenshot of something I saw during the epic Snowvember storm. This icy little tree looked like a dancer twirling around, arms upraised, casting a lacy shadow.

I'm happy to report that I'm beginning to become somewhat acclimated to the colder-than-I'm-used-to weather. At least I was willing to go out today when it was 28F without too many layers. Of course, the Buffalonians say it's warmer than usual at the end of December. My husband and I will take the blame for that. Both of us have been praying there would be no snow! Ex-pat New Mexicans will do that, you know.

But I will say that from the warmth of our little apartment with the lovely scent of Cranberry Vanilla Tea wafting near, I'm perfectly happy drawing the contrasts in the snowy landscape. It's beautiful!

And if you're interested in more details about depicting snow, check out the chapter devoted to snow in my online book,  Landscape Painting in Pastels. 




No comments:

Post a Comment