Sunday, December 28, 2014

Bunny

Bunny, Moleskine 3.5" x 5.5"
I decided to do a few drawings for my 3-year-old granddaughter for Christmas. If I were near her I'd make drawings for her all the time, so I approached these as simply little sketches made for my girl to enjoy.

I looked at all kinds of photographs online as resources for varying parts, such as the eye, the paws in shadow and the nose/mouth. Rabbits have odd mouths! They're actually really neat.

I decided to open up the border so the little guy had a place to escape. It imparted a sense of hiding in a corner that appealed to me. Oh, and I cleaned up the smudges before laminating it on top of a card, so she can handle it.

When she thanked me, her mom reported that she was making all the sounds the animals make. I need to ask what sound the bunny makes.


No comments:

Post a Comment