Sunday, December 28, 2014

Deer

12-5-2014 Moleskine 3.5" x 5.5"
The image size of these drawings done in my Moleskine is actually 2.5" x 4.25" inside the border.

I posted this deer on FB, but later I realized how much it looked like a llama and edited it. This version looks a bit more like a white-tail deer. Keep in mind the whole deer is less than 1/2" wide. (Is that an excuse? I prefer to think of it as a reason, if you don't mind.)

Did I mention that my kneaded eraser is a valuable and much-used tool? Nothing else works like it. If you haven't discovered the joys of using one, I highly recommend it. I shape it to a small point, flatten that point out, and use it to correct my drawing mistakes and erase the smudges along the edges. I even sometimes use the whole eraser, flattned out on one side, to lift off some of the pencil, lightening the value of an area. When the eraser gets too black I simply knead it over and over until it's clean again.



No comments:

Post a Comment